The total number of cases of corona virus in the world has crossed seven million and the death more than 0.4 million. Counting corpse in countries continues. Countries like US, Italy, UK, France, Brazil and India etc. are battling hard and the originator is sitting at far bottom in the tally with its own white paper giving a clean chit. What was an internal affair of China few months back has become the national affair of almost all countries in the world. It appears as if China was saying, I have given you the virus, handle with care!
The world would have done it, but the virus is completely out of syllabuses. US president is daring enough to call corona virus as the Chinese virus. And now it appears to be a true and verified fact. A minuscule mistake of China had shaken the entire humankind.
Things cannot stop here just like that. No country has the right to play with the lives of innocent people in this world. Any such damages in this civilised world are not acceptable at all. The European powers have also unleashed criticism at China.
It is interesting to know that Germany’s largest tabloid newspaper, Bild has worked out an itemised invoice for Euro 149 billion (130 billion pounds) under the title, What China owes us. It includes a Euro 27 billion for tourism revenue loss, euro 7.2 billion for film industry, a million euros an hour for German airline loss and euro 50 billion for loss of small businesses. Quite a justified move. The newspapers, channels or other intellectuals in other countries should have also done that. Though the loss of lives cannot be directly converted into the monetary unit, an insight on the economic impact is worth looking for!
On similar line, a newspaper conducted a survey in UK and almost 94% of the readers felt that the Prime Minister should send China bill over the financial impact of the virus on the country.
It is also not wrong if the education minister of Brazil linked the corona virus pandemic to Chinas plan for world domination. The cloth that China is wrapping around itself has millions of holes through which the world had seen the harsh reality, which in no way can grant China the much and ever sought excuse.
If it is a gentlemen game, China should accept its fault and seek pardon form the world, from the people who have lost their loved ones, from the people who have suffered the hardships, from the people who have lived in the state of fear, from the people who suffered physical as well as mental torture. China should issue a paper but a white paper should not do, it has to be a transparent paper. And, as atonement to the sin China has committed, it should:
- Withdraw all the claims on Chunxiao gas field in East China Sea that has reserves of 364 BCF of natural gas.
- Relinquish its claim on Socotra Rock on which South Korea has constructed the Ieodo Ocean Research Station.
- Give up its claim on Senkaku Islands.
- Surrender its control on Taiwan.
- Restore the autonomy of Hong Kong.
- Relinquish its control over the Spratly Islands, the Paracel Islands, the Pratas Islands, the Macclesfield Bank and the Scarborough Shoal in South China Sea.
- Hand over the control of Chinese occupied Kashmir or the Aksai Chin to India.
- Granted freedom to Tibet.
- Exit the permanent member seat of the UN Security Council support India and Japan for the same.
- Fund the WHO completely for a year.
- Publish in open domain the research being carried out currently in biological and nuclear fields.
The list is not complete but the pointers are set right. These socio-politico-economical steps shall at least ensure prosperity of its own kind which if accepted shall be Chinese biggest gift to the humankind! And the world possibly will forgive China for its biggest global gaffe.